To ensure the longest life for your swimwear, it is most important that you follow the care instructions on your swimsuit carefully.
Here are some guidelines to help prolong the life of your swimmers.
- Hand wash in cool / warm water with a neutral detergent or liquid soap after each and every wear
- Do not machine wash as this will stretch fabrics and compromise swimwear structure
- Do not soak, bleach or use harsh detergents as colours may run or fade
- Drip dry out of direct sunlight and do not tumble dry
- Do not store when wet or damp as this may cause colours to run and accelerate deterioration.
- Avoid rough surfaces as it may pull and pill the delicate fabric
- Sunlight, spas & chlorine may cause loss in brilliance of colour
- Avoid chlorinated pools & spas as the chemicals & heat will destroy your lycra swimmers (see below for more on chlorine resistant swimmers)
Chlorine resistant swimmers are recommended for swim training, aqua aerobics, hydrotherapy or any regular use in chlorinated pools/spas. Regular Lycra swimmers are likely to deteriorate in chlorine. Beach Maternity or the manufacturers will not replace or refund a swimwear due to chlorine deterioration
Please remember swimwear cannot be returned after it has been worn unless there is a fault in manufacture. General wear and tear cannot be considered a fault.